Child Custody And Visitation

Use Custody Law To Maintain A Close Bond With Your Child

For couples with children, the most challenging aspect of divorce is devising a plan to raise your children in two households instead of one.

When dividing inanimate property, most assets can usually be translated to a dollar value and split in half, or according to whatever ratio both parties agree on. But a child cannot be converted to a number and divided – at the end of any given day, a child will either be sleeping in one parent’s house or the other. In most cases, it will take effort to reach a satisfactory custody arrangement.

Even if you are facing an amicable divorce, it’s important to work with an attorney who can help you create a custody arrangement that anticipates your long-term needs. But if you are expecting a difficult custody battle, it is especially important to have a lawyer on your side.

When you work with Healey, Deshaies, Gagliardi & Woelfel, PC, our experienced attorneys will help you assert your rights as a parent, and help ensure that the other party recognizes his or her parental responsibilities.

Create A Parenting Plan That Works For You

Every family is unique, and so is every family’s parenting plan. Massachusetts law recognizes the principle that a child is best served by maintaining a stable relationship with both parents, except in extreme cases such as domestic violence or drug addiction. But beyond that baseline, it is up to the parents and their attorneys to work out a custody and visitation plan that meets everyone’s needs and is in the child’s best interests.

Whether you want to maximize your time with your child or make sure the other parent does his or her fair share, we can help. We will listen closely to your story and help you form an effective legal strategy.

Schedule An Initial Consultation

If you have questions about divorce, or child custody and visitation, learn more by calling our office in Amesbury. To schedule an appointment with Healey, Deshaies, Gagliardi & Woelfel, PC, call 978-388-1787 or contact us online.